Rookery Hall Knitting Retreat
14th-16th August 2017
Debbie is thrilled to announce that she will be tutoring a special two night break for Mystery Blanket Club members at a beautiful country house from Monday 14th August – Wednesday 16th August. She has booked the charming Rookery Hotel and Spa which is located in Nantwich, Cheshire.
Set in thirty-eight acres of Cheshire countryside, Rookery Hall was built in 1816 for the wealthy William Hilton Cooke, but over the years it has been renovated and enhanced to transform it into the luxury venue that it is today. With a health club and spa and stylish new bedrooms, it’s the perfect place to unwind in heart of the English countryside. Rookery Hall has a relaxed, homely atmosphere and attentive service that makes you feel extra special.
As well as an award-winning restaurant (two AA Rosettes), the hotel has been awarded the AA Four Star Inspector’s Choice for Country Houses. It has seventy bedrooms which are an enchanting mix of the old and new. Debbie has booked twenty Classic bedrooms in the 1990’s wing of the hotel, in which you can enjoy snuggling down under a sumptuous duvet on a cashmere mattress with the finest fibre pillows – perfect for some late night knitting! And if you want an extra treat during your stay then you could pop across to the Old Stables which has been developed into a fantastic onsite health club and spa.
Awarded the prestigious “5 Bubble Spa Award”, it has seven treatment rooms, an indoor heated swimming pool, a hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam rooms, and the Amber lounge and relaxation room. Treatments at the spa can be booked directly with the hotel at an additional cost. (If ten or more people book into the spa for a treatment then a 20% discount will be honoured on all bookings).
During this retreat Debbie will be running some workshop sessions to help you with your Mystery Blanket knitting techniques. Each participant will be given a special Debbie Abrahams knitting kit to work on, however, if preferred, personal knitting projects can be brought along instead.
During your stay there will be the opportunity to relax with your knitting in the elegant sitting rooms of the house, take some time to enjoy the beautiful gardens of the house, or take a stroll around the surrounding countryside. And if you fancy a bit of retail therapy, then the charming town of Nantwich is only a few miles away.
Debbie’s Mystery Blanket knitting retreat to Rookery Hall costs:
|£475 per person (single occupancy)|
|£800 for two people sharing (double occupancy)|
- Two night’s accommodation in a Classic bedroom
- A glass of Rookery Hall Punch at the Welcome gathering
- Two full English breakfasts and evening meals served in a private banqueting room
- Two working lunches served in the workshop room
- Morning and afternoon refreshments
- Tea, coffee, mineral water and fruit juice available at all times during workshop sessions
- Two half-day workshops
- Expert tutoring with Debbie covering various knitting techniques
- A Debbie Abrahams knitting kit
Not included in the price
- Spa treatments and use of the health centre. If ten or more people book into the spa for a treatment then a 20% discount will be honoured on all bookings
- Bar drinks and any other snacks and meals which are in addition to what the price includes
- The opportunity to visit the nearby town of Nantwich or explore the local countryside
How to book
To book your place with Debbie on this amazing Mystery Blanket knitting event, click on the button to make your booking. All major credit and debit cards are accepted as well as Paypal and Amex.
On receipt of your payment, Debbie will send you a confirmation letter.
IMPORTANT: You must read and agree to our Terms and Conditions before making your payment. By making your payment you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions as set out on Debbie’s website under “Holidays and Events.”
Terms & Conditions
It is recommended that clients take out their own travel insurance for this event. Debbie Abrahams Ltd or any of their employees or helpers, cannot be held responsible for any accidents, theft, or loss that may occur during the stay.
Cancellations by Debbie Abrahams Ltd:
We may cancel the booking:
- If any part of the Hotel is closed due to circumstances outside of our control
- If the tutor is taken ill and a suitable replacement cannot be found
- Should the participant number not reach a high enough number for the event to be financially viable
- If there are any other situations that may arise due to circumstances outside of our control
Cancellations by the client:
If the client cancels a reservation in advance Debbie Abrahams Ltd reserves the right to claim the following sums, unless a booking is obtained for the same date from a third party on no less favourable terms:
- Cancellations 4 or more months in advance – full refund
- Cancellations between 4 & 3 months in advance – 80% refund
- Cancellations between 3 & 1 months in advance – 60% refund
- Cancellations between 1 month & 14 days in advance – 40% refund
- Cancellations less than 14 days in advance – no refund
Please note: The itinerary may be changed as needed.
Once you arrive and check into the hotel you are liable for all additional room costs incurred during your stay, which are not included/listed on our web site. This may include bar bill and any other room charges incurred during your stay.